Making mistakes is a natural part of every journey...
Making Hygge mistakes is as normal as trying to bake the perfect chocolate lava mug cake ever or you’re learning how to read tarot to connect with your intuition.
As a matter of fact, NO ONE starts by being a genius at something. We ALL start at the bottom and we’re really dedicated/ talented/ maybe gifted, we rise the ladder one bar at the time. Avoid high heels when you’re on a ladder, it could be tricky (but I digress).
Truth is, step 0 is rarely all glam and glitter and gold. It’s often messy, unsure, odd, and chances are you’ll end up believing that there’s no chance you can improve. Most of the time you go from one mistake to the other (hopefully with a smile on your face)
Today I’m sharing with you about my Hygge mistakes. The ones I used to make before embracing Hygge (the Danish way of life). But, more importantly, how you can avoid them (or fix them) so you don’t end up in a despair spiral of doubt.
- Mistake 1: Why My Opinion is as valuable as the Crowd’s way of doing things
- Mistake 2: When you do this, you’re neglecting not only you but every people who love and support you
- Mistake 3: Not all the circle are made to be full of virtue
See your Hygge mistakes as a pure form of courage
The only people who never make any blunt/ error/ mistake are those who never try. They never feel confident enough in their own skills to take even a small risk.
Let’s say you want to run a 5k but you’ve never run more than 10 seconds
(OR the final rush when there’s only ONE more baby pink midlighter available in your most beloved shop). Please, tell me I’m not the only one who buy stationery in bulk?
Ok, let’s go back to the running thing.
- If you’re aware of your comfort zone and you know you can use it as a security fishnet no matter what: you’ll start by searching apps for your smartphone so you can train safely or you’ll check with your physician, or you’ll talk with your BFF who is a famous runner, or you’ll buy a new pair of shoes to be comfy. –> You take the first step (and eventually, you’ll see if you enjoy running or not)
- If you’re NOT aware of your comfort zone as a security fishnet: you’ll find a bazillion reasons to postpone the physician appointment, to forget searching for a new app, the weather will be too hot or too cold –-> because you don’t know how to use a comfort zone and turn it into a rock solid confidence, you’re accepting to stay away from fun, joy, family bonds, new skills.
Creating a comfort zone won’t prevent you from experiencing mistakes but it’ll tremendously help you to overcome them, take some distance with them, and rely on what’s important in your life (which is NEVER what people think, your age, gender, weight, social status…).
You’ve listened my Hygge mistakes & you loved them? The best is yet to come.
I’d love to hear your thoughts about using your comfort zone as a security fishnet to expand your skills. Use the comment section below
And if you want exclusive content, early bird access to free and paid opportunities, as well as never shared anywhere else bonuses, you should sign up for The Hygge Lounge Online Community HERE.
No Idea Whatsoever About What Hygge Is?
Don’t worry. I got your back. 😉
If you’re already a Hygge fan, just skip this part and start enjoying today’s blog post.
Still with me?
Ok.. awesome. Time to have fun.
It’s a feeling you can’t buy of safety, warmth, peace, calm, contentment, and everything in between.
Based on cosiness, togetherness, and uniqueness, it’s a whole guide to craft a cosiness-based way of life for you AND your family.
To me, Hygge is like a roadmap to enjoy simple pleasure, slow down, unplug, and eventually becoming unapologetically yourself.
How can I learn more about it?
1/ Read the reviews I made at How The Hygge Book helps me to love my own quirks
2/ Request a special invitation for #TheHyggeLounge at https://www.thehyggeplanner.com/newsletter
3/ Buy Meik Weiking’s book by clicking here (Where you’re buying from this link Amazon will give a percentage to WWF on your behalf. I’m not owning a penny nor a compensation by any means)
How do you pronounce it?
Truth is, no one cares how you pronounce it as long as you can experience it day in and day out.
That said, it’s commonly admitted to be [HOO-GA] .
Keep it simple and don’t over complicate the process.
If you don’t get it the first time, no big deal.
Is there a Hygge lifestyle?
YES!! and I mean absolutely without the shadow of a doubt.
Hygge is more than just a list of things to do or have. It’s NOT a decor (see below for more infos).
If you’re quiet/ introvert, chances are you’re already living a Hygge lifestyle without even knowing it. Now, you can model what you’re already good at to enjoy that cosy, comfy, and homey feelings 24/7.
If you’re totally new and you’d love to implement that simple, decluttered, down to earth, eco friendly, and comfy way of living for your family, that’s totally doable.
Truth it, it’s WHY I created this entire site: to provide you the tools, the resources, and the inspiration to turn your life into a cosiness-based living without adding stress. (To get a weekly dose of cosiness-based pep talk, join #TheHyggeLounge HERE )
Where does it come from?
Hygge comes from Denmark (but the word itself comes for Norway). At some point in history, Norway and Denmark were one kingdom only.
For the records:
– the first mention of Hygge is circa 1840 (which means Hygge is everything but a fad trends)
– Denmark is ranking on the top 3 of the happiest countries in the world every singe year!
– the tax level in Denmark is one of the highest in the world. Yet, the citizens ARE full of happiness.
—> Who doesn’t want to model what the happiest people in the world are doing to be happy, content, and joyful day in and day out? I know I do (so does my Great Grand Mother in her journals)
Is Hygge only a decor for Fall & Winter?
This is a common myth I HAVE to bust once and for all. Danish people don’t stop living 6 months of the year. They enjoy and practice Hygge ALL YEAR LONG.
They just adapt what they do and how they do it. It’s definitely easier to have a snow day in winter and it’s definitely easier to have a BBQ outside in the middle of Summer.
Hygge is not stuck in Fall & Winter nor is a home decor.
If you want a decor, ask a professional to set up a stage… You won’t feel better in a snap because you have a fireplace and tonnes of fairy lights.
If it was that simple, everyone would be happy and medication wouldn’t be needed to avoid anxiety.
(If you’re under medication, NEVER EVER stop without a professional help. Asking for help should be your #1 priority. There’s no shame nor guilt to seek for a better health, or a better mental clarity)
You don’t have to spend $$$ to revamp your living room so it looks like a country living magazine cover… and you can show off on Instagram. Hygge is NOT a popularity contest. There’s no mandatory list of items to buy.
You can live Hygge in a moroccan house, a contemporary penthouse, a cottage close to the sea, a tiny house, a small apartment that looks like a boudoir, or a fancy super modern house. Hygge is what you made out of it.
Eh… you’re done with the introduction.
If you want to dive deeper:
– request your invitation for #TheHyggeLounge HERE
– check our workbook to craft a cosiness-based way of life for your family in 7 days HERE
– download our 108 Done for You ideas to practice Hygge as a family (when you have no time for brainstorm) HERE
Tips are always appreciated but never mandatory. Share your love for The Hygge Planner, visit 👇🏻