Making mistakes is a natural part of every journey...
whether you’re trying to bake the perfect chocolate lava mug cake ever or you’re learning how to read tarot to connect with your intuition.
As a matter of fact, NO ONE starts by being a genius at something. We ALL start at the bottom and we’re really dedicated/ talented/ maybe gifted, we rise the ladder one bar at the time. Avoid high heels when you’re on a ladder, it could be tricky (but I digress).
Truth is, step 0 is rarely all glam and glitter and gold. It’s often messy, unsure, odd, and chances are you’ll end up believing that there’s no chance you can improve.
Today I’m sharing with you about the mistakes I used to make before embracing Hygge (the Danish way of life). But, more importantly, how you can avoid them (or fix them) so you don’t end up in a despair spiral of doubt.
- Mistake 1: Why My Opinion is as valuable as the Crowd’s way of doing things
- Mistake 2: When you do this, you’re neglecting not only you but every people who love and support you
- Mistake 3: Not all the circle are made to be full of virtue
See your mistakes as a pure form of courage
The only people who never make any blunt/ error/ mistake are those who never try. They never feel confident enough in their own skills to take even a small risk.
Let’s say you want to run a 5k but you’ve never run more than 10 seconds (you know the final rush when there’s only ONE more baby pink midlighter available in your most beloved shop). Please, tell me I’m not the only one who buy stationery in bulk?
Ok, let’s go back to the running thing.
- If you’re aware of your comfort zone and you know you can use it as a security fishnet no matter what: you’ll start by searching apps for your smartphone so you can train safely or you’ll check with your physician, or you’ll talk with your BFF who is a famous runner, or you’ll buy a new pair of shoes to be comfy. –> You take the first step (and eventually, you’ll see if you enjoy running or not)
- If you’re NOT aware of your comfort zone as a security fishnet: you’ll find a bazillion reasons to postpone the physician appointment, to forget searching for a new app, the weather will be too hot or too cold –-> because you don’t know how to use a comfort zone and turn it into a rock solid confidence, you’re accepting to stay away from fun, joy, family bonds, new skills.
Creating a comfort zone won’t prevent you from experiencing mistakes but it’ll tremendously help you to overcome them, take some distance with them, and rely on what’s important in your life (which is NEVER what people think, your age, gender, weight, social status…).
The best is yet to come.
I’d love to hear your thoughts about this episode. Use the comment section below
And if you want exclusive content, early bird access to free and paid opportunities, as well as never shared anywhere else bonuses, you should sign up for The Hygge Lounge Online Community HERE.