No Idea Whatsoever About What Hygge Is?
Therefore, you’ve got no clue about this Danish way of life and, maybe, you’ve never even heard about that Danish word.
No need to hyperventilate. nor to worry. I got your back. 😉
👉🏻 However, if you’re already a Hygge fan, just skip this part and enjoy today’s blog post.
Still with me?
Ok.. awesome. Time to have fun.
Let’s try to clarify the word first.
💕 It’s a feeling you can’t buy of safety, warmth, peace, calm, contentment, and everything in between. 💕
It’s a whole guide to craft a cosiness-based way of life for you AND your family based on:
🌟 and uniqueness,
To me, Hygge is like a roadmap to enjoy simple pleasure, slow down, unplug, and becoming unapologetically yourself.
Want to learn more about it?
1/ Read the reviews I made at How The Hygge Book helps me to love my own quirks
2/ Request a special invitation for #TheHyggeLounge at https://www.thehyggeplanner.com/newsletter
3/ Buy Meik Weiking’s book by clicking here (Where you’re buying from this link Amazon will give a percentage to WWF on your behalf. I don’t earn a penny nor a compensation by any means)
How do you pronounce it?
That’s certainly something you’d like to wrap your head around (at least at some point).
Yet, truth is, no one cares how you pronounce it as long as you can experience it day in and day out.
👉🏻 In short, it’s commonly admitted to be [HOO-GA].
Keep it simple and don’t over complicate the process. If you don’t get it the first time, no big deal.
Is there a Hygge lifestyle?
YES!! and without the shadow of a doubt.
Likewise, Hygge is more than just a list of things to do & NOT a decor.
🌷 quiet/ introvert? chances are you’re already living a cosiness-based lifestyle (Hygge) without even knowing it. You can model what you’re already good at enjoying that cosy, comfy, and homey feelings 24/7.
🌷 Newbie? and you’d love to implement that simple, decluttered, down to earth, ecofriendly, and comfy way of living for your family, that’s doable.
In short, it’s WHY I created this entire site: to provide you the tools, the resources, and the inspiration to turn your life into a cosiness-based living without adding stress. (Get a weekly dose of cosiness-based pep talk, join #TheHyggeLounge HERE)
🌟 It’s one thing to know what to do... However, it’s a whole new rodeo to apply or to follow through day in and day out.
Where does Hygge come from?
Denmark (but the word itself comes for Norway). At some point, in history, Norway and Denmark were one kingdom only.
For the records:
- the first mention of Hygge is circa 1840 (which means Hygge is everything but a fad trends)
- Denmark is ranking on the top 3 of the happiest countries in the world every single year!
- the tax level in Denmark is one of the highest in the world. Yet, the citizens ARE full of happiness.
—> Who doesn’t want to model what the happiest people in the world are doing to be happy, content, and joyful day in and day out? I swear I do (so does my Great Grand Mother in her journals)
Is this only a decor for Fall & Winter?
This is a common myth I MUST bust once and for all. Danish people don’t stop living 6 months of the year. They enjoy and practice Hygge ALL YEAR LONG.
As a result, they just adapt what they do. It’s easier to build a snowman in winter and it’s easier to hang out outside in the middle of Summer.
In other words, Hygge (cosiness-based lifestyle) works not only Fall & Winter but also in Spring and Summer.
Want a decor? Ask a professional to set up a stage… But, you won’t get better in a snap because you own a fireplace and tonnes of fairy lights.
To sum up, if beating anxiety or winter blues was that simple, everyone would be happy and you wouldn‘t need a medication to avoid anxiety.
(Under medication? NEVER EVER stop without a professional help. Asking for help should be your #1 priority. No shame nor guilt to seek for a better health, or a better mental clarity)
Why would you spend $$$ to revamp your living room to look like a country living magazine cover? Want to show off on Instagram?
Having a cosiness-based lifestyle is NOT a popularity contest. No mandatory list of items to buy.
The fact is, Hygge happens in a Moroccan house, a contemporary penthouse, a cottage close to the sea, a tiny house, a small apartment that looks like a boudoir, or a fancy super modern house.
Eh… you’re done with the introduction.
Want to dive deeper?
- request your invitation for #TheHyggeLounge: visit this link
- support our work on Ko-Fi (your $3 donation helps us to reach our goals) Go to the show room
- check our workbook to craft a cosiness-based way of life for your family in 7 days Save your copy NOW
- download our 108 Done for You ideas to practice Hygge as a family (when there’s no free time for brainstorm) HERE
Is Hygge a good fit for you?
You’ve heard about it.
You’ve read about it. You’ve stalked some FB groups about it → don’t be intimidated, I do the same with topics that really matter to me like sketchnotes, INFJ, hedgewitchery, doodles…
You’ve scrolled all those perfect, Instagram ready pictures from decluttered home… and you’ve watched more than anybody else The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society on Netflix.
Now, it may be the time to see if Hygge is a good fit for you or if it’s only a new shining object you’ll be forgetting when the next unicorn will pop up. → Hey, if it’s the case, don’t beat yourself up (but listen last week’s episode about reasons why Hygge as a lifestyle may not be your cup of tea)
Hygge is like eating locally or having an ecofriendly mindset, it’s not because it may be good for you that everyone will embark in it.
For this episode, grab a pen and a paper and count one point for each sentence that sounds like you. At the end of the podcast, you’ll know how you can position yourself.
How To Take The Test & see if Hygge is a good fit:
- grab a pen and a paper
- listen each affirmation
- tick yes if you can relate to it. Don’t overthink and use your first impression
- count ONE point per affirmation you ticked YES
- count all your points to know your result
- from 1 to 3 points: you’re a Hygge beginner.
- You may be a newbie on Hygge or you’re not practising enough to really know if it’s a good fit for you.
- from 4 to 6: you’re a Hygge intermediate.
- Good job! you’re already aware that Hygge can be more than a funny add on in your every day life.
- You’re aware that a comfort zone may be a great asset for you but you need a little push to turn it into a rock solid confidence.
- more than 7: You’re a Hygge Master.
- I just took my hat off (I know you didn’t see it by I swear I did). you’re breathing Hygge.
- You’ve implemented most of the common principles of Hygge but what if you can dive deeper and discover YOUR Hygge secret sauce… your own assemblage/ fragrance so to speak?
You’re a good fit for Hygge? The best is yet to come.
Join the 2000+ members of #TheHyggeLounge virtual community and get exclusive content, early bird access to free and paid opportunities, as well as never shared anywhere else bonuses. See below for more info!
Truth is, no matter which score you got, chances are cosiness-based way of life (Hygge) may be a good fit for you AND your family. You just need simple & practical resources to connect the dots so you go from knowing what to do to following through day in/day out.
It wouldn't be the same without your support. Share your love for The Hygge Planner, visit 👇🏻