No Idea Whatsoever About What Hygge Is?
Don’t worry. I got your back. 😉
If you’re already a Hygge fan, just skip this part and start enjoying today’s blog post.
Still with me?
Ok.. awesome. Time to have fun.
It’s a feeling you can’t buy of safety, warmth, peace, calm, contentment, and everything in between.
Based on cosiness, togetherness, and uniqueness, it’s a whole guide to craft a cosiness-based way of life for you AND your family.
To me, Hygge is like a roadmap to enjoy simple pleasure, slow down, unplug, and eventually becoming unapologetically yourself.
How can I learn more about it?
1/ Read the reviews I made at How The Hygge Book helps me to love my own quirks
2/ Request a special invitation for #TheHyggeLounge at https://www.thehyggeplanner.com/newsletter
3/ Buy Meik Weiking’s book by clicking here (Where you’re buying from this link Amazon will give a percentage to WWF on your behalf. I’m not owning a penny nor a compensation by any means)
How do you pronounce it?
Truth is, no one cares how you pronounce it as long as you can experience it day in and day out.
That said, it’s commonly admitted to be [HOO-GA] .
Keep it simple and don’t over complicate the process.
If you don’t get it the first time, no big deal.
Is there a Hygge lifestyle?
YES!! and I mean absolutely without the shadow of a doubt.
Hygge is more than just a list of things to do or have. It’s NOT a decor (see below for more infos).
If you’re quiet/ introvert, chances are you’re already living a Hygge lifestyle without even knowing it. Now, you can model what you’re already good at to enjoy that cosy, comfy, and homey feelings 24/7.
If you’re totally new and you’d love to implement that simple, decluttered, down to earth, eco friendly, and comfy way of living for your family, that’s totally doable.
Truth it, it’s WHY I created this entire site: to provide you the tools, the resources, and the inspiration to turn your life into a cosiness-based living without adding stress. (To get a weekly dose of cosiness-based pep talk, join #TheHyggeLounge HERE )
Where does it come from?
Hygge comes from Denmark (but the word itself comes for Norway). At some point in history, Norway and Denmark were one kingdom only.
For the records:
– the first mention of Hygge is circa 1840 (which means Hygge is everything but a fad trends)
– Denmark is ranking on the top 3 of the happiest countries in the world every singe year!
– the tax level in Denmark is one of the highest in the world. Yet, the citizens ARE full of happiness.
—> Who doesn’t want to model what the happiest people in the world are doing to be happy, content, and joyful day in and day out? I know I do (so does my Great Grand Mother in her journals)
Is Hygge only a decor for Fall & Winter?
This is a common myth I HAVE to bust once and for all. Danish people don’t stop living 6 months of the year. They enjoy and practice Hygge ALL YEAR LONG.
They just adapt what they do and how they do it. It’s definitely easier to have a snow day in winter and it’s definitely easier to have a BBQ outside in the middle of Summer.
Hygge is not stuck in Fall & Winter nor is a home decor.
If you want a decor, ask a professional to set up a stage… You won’t feel better in a snap because you have a fireplace and tonnes of fairy lights.
If it was that simple, everyone would be happy and medication wouldn’t be needed to avoid anxiety.
(If you’re under medication, NEVER EVER stop without a professional help. Asking for help should be your #1 priority. There’s no shame nor guilt to seek for a better health, or a better mental clarity)
You don’t have to spend $$$ to revamp your living room so it looks like a country living magazine cover… and you can show off on Instagram. Hygge is NOT a popularity contest. There’s no mandatory list of items to buy.
You can live Hygge in a moroccan house, a contemporary penthouse, a cottage close to the sea, a tiny house, a small apartment that looks like a boudoir, or a fancy super modern house. Hygge is what you made out of it.
Eh… you’re done with the introduction.
If you want to dive deeper:
– request your invitation for #TheHyggeLounge HERE
– check our workbook to craft a cosiness-based way of life for your family in 7 days HERE
– download our 108 Done for You ideas to practice Hygge as a family (when you have no time for brainstorm) HERE
Sounds familiar? “I’ve done the best but I feel like everyone got it except me: Why my Hygge Lifestyle Fails?”
Don’t worry, it’s a pretty common question. In fact, you’re not failing cos you’re there trying and you’re looking for inspiration, motivation, maybe answers.
Following last week’s episode about Hygge mistakes, let’s see a couple of reasons why embracing Hygge as a whole lifestyle will lead you to fail.
But first, let’s be clear on something super duper important
It’s not because you “failed” with Hygge that you’re a failure by any means. It may just be the sign that:
- You didn’t get enough info on what’s being Hygge as a lifestyle (if that’s the case, you should consider joining the waiting list for Hygge Made Simple© so you’ll get ALL your questions answered)
- Hygge is not made for you which is perfectly correct. Such as a vegan diet may be good to any body, it’s not a reason why we all turn vegan (or gluten free or lactose free or whatever works for you)
- Right here, right now, you feel overwhelmed by everything you have on your plate and you don’t know where to start cos you need a plug and play quick fix solution. Guess what? Take your time, I’ll be there to support you. Until then, consider joining the free online community to get a weekly dose of cosiness in your inbox. Learn more HERE
If you’re anything like me, changing your lifestyle/ updating your lifestyle… can be an overwhelming, scary, intimidating:
- you may start creating vision boards to picture your so called ideal life
- you may fall into the rabbit’s hole of internet (where you’ll find as much trash as valuable pieces of gem)
- you may try to assimilate all at once everything you’ve found so you KNOW you’ve got all your ducks in a row and that MUST be it.
Truth is, Hygge is not a list of mandatory items you have to have or have to do/ to be so you can self proclaimed yourself as a Hygge Master.
Let’s see how you can avoid this Hygge shutdown and embark in Hygge without regret, resentment, remorse.
- Your new hygge lifestyle will fail if you blindly follow this on internet
- Your new hygge lifestyle will fail if you believe this false assumption
Your new hygge lifestyle will fail if you forget this simple principle
You’re more confident now that you know WHY your Hygge lifestyle fails? The best is yet to come.
I’d love to read your stories and feedback about Hygge. Use the comment section below to let me know.
+ If you join the 2000+ members of The Hygge Lounge virtual community, you’ll get weekly updates, goodies and incentives about cosiness, comfort zone, and confidence delivered right in your inbox. Learn more HERE
Tips are always appreciated but never mandatory. Share your love for The Hygge Planner, visit 👇🏻