No Idea Whatsoever About What Hygge Is?
Therefore, you’ve got no clue about this Danish way of life and, maybe, you’ve never even heard about that Danish word.
No need to hyperventilate. nor to worry. I got your back. 😉
👉🏻 However, if you’re already a Hygge fan, just skip this part and enjoy today’s blog post.
Still with me?
Ok.. awesome. Time to have fun.
Let’s try to clarify the word first.
💕 It’s a feeling you can’t buy of safety, warmth, peace, calm, contentment, and everything in between. 💕
It’s a whole guide to craft a cosiness-based way of life for you AND your family based on:
🌟 and uniqueness,
To me, Hygge is like a roadmap to enjoy simple pleasure, slow down, unplug, and becoming unapologetically yourself.
Want to learn more about it?
1/ Read the reviews I made at How The Hygge Book helps me to love my own quirks
2/ Request a special invitation for #TheHyggeLounge at https://www.thehyggeplanner.com/newsletter
3/ Buy Meik Weiking’s book by clicking here (Where you’re buying from this link Amazon will give a percentage to WWF on your behalf. I don’t earn a penny nor a compensation by any means)
How do you pronounce it?
That’s certainly something you’d like to wrap your head around (at least at some point).
Yet, truth is, no one cares how you pronounce it as long as you can experience it day in and day out.
👉🏻 In short, it’s commonly admitted to be [HOO-GA].
Keep it simple and don’t over complicate the process. If you don’t get it the first time, no big deal.
Is there a Hygge lifestyle?
YES!! and without the shadow of a doubt.
Likewise, Hygge is more than just a list of things to do & NOT a decor.
🌷 quiet/ introvert? chances are you’re already living a cosiness-based lifestyle (Hygge) without even knowing it. You can model what you’re already good at enjoying that cosy, comfy, and homey feelings 24/7.
🌷 Newbie? and you’d love to implement that simple, decluttered, down to earth, ecofriendly, and comfy way of living for your family, that’s doable.
In short, it’s WHY I created this entire site: to provide you the tools, the resources, and the inspiration to turn your life into a cosiness-based living without adding stress. (Get a weekly dose of cosiness-based pep talk, join #TheHyggeLounge HERE)
🌟 It’s one thing to know what to do… However, it’s a whole new rodeo to apply or to follow through day in and day out.
Where does Hygge come from?
Denmark (but the word itself comes for Norway). At some point, in history, Norway and Denmark were one kingdom only.
For the records:
– the first mention of Hygge is circa 1840 (which means Hygge is everything but a fad trends)
– Denmark is ranking on the top 3 of the happiest countries in the world every single year!
– the tax level in Denmark is one of the highest in the world. Yet, the citizens ARE full of happiness.
—> Who doesn’t want to model what the happiest people in the world are doing to be happy, content, and joyful day in and day out? I swear I do (so does my Great Grand Mother in her journals)
Is this only a decor for Fall & Winter?
This is a common myth I MUST bust once and for all. Danish people don’t stop living 6 months of the year. They enjoy and practice Hygge ALL YEAR LONG.
As a result, they just adapt what they do. It’s easier to build a snowman in winter and it’s easier to hang out outside in the middle of Summer.
In other words, Hygge (cosiness-based lifestyle) works not only Fall & Winter but also in Spring and Summer.
Want a decor? Ask a professional to set up a stage… But, you won’t get better in a snap because you own a fireplace and tonnes of fairy lights.
To sum up, if beating anxiety or winter blues was that simple, everyone would be happy and you wouldn‘t need a medication to avoid anxiety.
(Under medication? NEVER EVER stop without a professional help. Asking for help should be your #1 priority. No shame nor guilt to seek for a better health, or a better mental clarity)
Why would you spend $$$ to revamp your living room to look like a country living magazine cover? Want to show off on Instagram?
Having a cosiness-based lifestyle is NOT a popularity contest. No mandatory list of items to buy.
The fact is, Hygge happens in a Moroccan house, a contemporary penthouse, a cottage close to the sea, a tiny house, a small apartment that looks like a boudoir, or a fancy super modern house.
Eh… you’re done with the introduction.
Want to dive deeper?
– request your invitation for #TheHyggeLounge: visit this link
– support our work on Ko-Fi (your $3 donation helps us to reach our goals) Go to the show room
– check our workbook to craft a cosiness-based way of life for your family in 7 days Save your copy NOW
– download our 108 Done for You ideas to practice Hygge as a family (when there’s no free time for brainstorm) HERE
Today, it’s our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY for The Hygge Planner Show
That’s kind of a big deal to go through a full year of being one-woman show business and now, it’s time to celebrate together that one-year anniversary.
A full year of podcasting with its ups, and its downs. But so much fun no matter what.
This episode is a wrap-up from my first year in the podcasting world + a chance to thank you for showing up every Friday when I release a new episode.
Stay until the end, I may have some important news to reveal about season 2..
In this one year anniversary episode, I’ll discuss:
-1: What was awesome
– You (more than 10 000 listeners in just 29 episodes… ) it’s mind blowing
– I found a very funny and interactive medium to share more about Hygge
– The Hygge planner show has been featured in podcast review
– this one-year anniversary was incredible, I didn’t really know what I was jumping into. I got so many emails, comments, people who join the hygge online community.
– a real blessing
-2: The Hygge Planner has gone through major ups and down,
– lot of doubt, hopes, gratitude,
– so many fears to tackle… (being quiet/ introvert… overcoming mean comments and rude critics) to inspire every person who take the time to listen, read, follow…
– not a traditional influencer who follows every bubble trends
– not trying to gather thousands and thousands of people for the sake of bragging about big numbers, it’s about making a difference, helping people to realize how awesome you are right now… how crucial the way we use time and manage time so that you feel safe and secured.
-3: What’s coming next season:
– Cosy Up Daily as the entry point to a cosier, safer, decluttered lifestyle. Don’t try to add another layer… but begin by making space in what you have. Make your planner works for you and not against you. → Unless you know how you use your time, you won’t be able to have a healthier lifestyle based on cosiness, hominess, safety, and comfort.
→ To make even more useful, I’ll be releasing a Deluxe Kit where I’ll be sharing the Sandwich method so you can frame your day with meaningful cosy rituals
- Seasonal Masterclass: 2-hour every seasonal change where I’ll guide you to close the past 13 weeks and to set up the next 13 weeks with Hygge, cosiness, hominess in mind. → very limited seats available to have time to help/ answer every question.
- 30-day Hygge: how to implement the Danish way of life (=Hygge) for people who want to stop fitting in & be unapologetically yourself –> you’ll learn how to create your own comfort zone (using the Essentials of Hygge) to feel confident
You’ve listened our one-year anniversary? The best is yet to come.
Join the 2000+ members of #TheHyggeLounge virtual community and get exclusive content, early bird access to free and paid opportunities.
This one year anniversary means a lot to us and we truly hope we’ll be celebrating many more anniversaries with you in the upcoming years.